A crown is a ceramic “cap” that is cemented over a specifically prepared tooth. Crowns can be fabricated in a single visit through our use of CEREC technology (tooth prepared and crown cemented on the same day) or sometimes sent to one of our Australian dental laboratories for fabrication off-site.
Same day Crowns
- The cerec system uses Computer assisted design-computer assisted manufacture (CAD-CAM) technology. Following digital scanning of the prepared tooth/teeth, the crown, inlay/onlay is milled from ceramic blocks custom-made specifically to your prepared tooth.
- The benefits of this technology is that you sit and wait whilst your crown is fabricated hence minimising inconvenience to you, no messy impressions and no temporary crown whilst crown is fabricated at a laboratory.
Advantages of CEREC
- Efficient process Fast, single appointment procedure with no need for temporary crowns to be fitted
- Optimal Results Given the precision nature of CEREC, patients can achieve the perfect fit with little obstruction to the existing enamel. This also means that your dental practitioner will perfectly match the colour of your existing teeth. Prevents the need for
- Other Treatments CEREC is known to help patients avoid root canal treatments, enabling patients to save time and money.
- Long Lasting The porcelain elements used in the CEREC process are durable and will last for years to come.